Monday, September 13, 2010

Sophistication

Ah... what a productive day.

After waking up at 7:45 and working out (go me!), I got ready and headed out to meet with my aunt.




I walked down Anam to ride the subway. That's the hill I have to walk up and down to get around.






On the way, I stopped by the dry cleaners to get a pair of shorts cleaned (grease is a pain!) and also stopped by the watch store to get my watch fixed.






After changing subway lines twice, I finally arrived at our meeting point. Since my aunt was a little late, I got bored and took pictures.



She came, and off we went to In-Sa-dong! It's a street full of jewelry stores, Korean souvenir stores, and trinket stores. I got a couple gifts for some people and a scarf for me! My aunt got me these adorable ceramic earrings with a heart on it.



After a delicious lunch of Kar-guksu (noodles), we headed off to Sam-Chong-dong, a street by the Royal Palace full of little boutiques, art galleries, and coffee shops. We got iced Americanos at this adorable cafe.





We went to a couple of art galleries, but unluckily, half of them were closed. Apparently, a lot of places are closed on Mondays. Huh. It was still fun to view the open ones, although I didn't understand the artistic idea behind some paintings (blurry paintings of someone's legs with their jeans pulled up around their knees, really?). Oh well. I felt very sophisticated though!





We stopped and looked at numerous boutiques. Their clothes were a little too classy and expensive for me, but the jewelry and hair accessories were so cute! I didn't get anything, despite my aunt's insistence that she buy me something. I didn't feel the need to get a cute gold ribbon $70 headband really.

We ate some Pat-juk (read bean porridge) that was AMAZING! It had chestnuts, beans, and dduk. Heavenly.

We called it a day and went back to the subway station. Back at Anam, I met with my mom to get a checkup at the hospital. So tired! So much walking!

Only 9 days left! Woohoo!
~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment