Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To be who I want to be

Good news!

My sister and I get to go to the Inland Invite at Spokane for tennis! Woohoo! It's the weekend before AP, so I think its a great way to let out my stress (of course, last year I couldn't go because I had to study. Now that I'm a senior... who cares!) We won the challenge match easily, so that was a great confidence booster.

Today, I was thinking about the future, aka college. I'm super excited to go to UW, because it is affordable, close but not too close to home, and it is in SEATTLE. Gotta love that place with good food, lots of korean guys, good shopping, korean guys, cooler weather, boys.... ;)

I was more excited about the fact that it is a new beginning for me. There will be a couple of Kamiakin kids I will see there, but UW is pretty big. I love my friends, acquaintances, school (ok some parts), but I just want to get away from it all and start myself anew. All these people here know so much about me, how awkward I looked in middle school, my non-existant love life, my smarts (which might contribute to non-existant love life), etc. I want to go somewhere new where people only know what I tell them about myself, where people don't have any expectations or doubts about you.

I want to be free to be ME without worrying what others think of me. I want to be able to DO what I want to do, SAY what I want to do, BE who I want to be. I don't want to be tied down to someone I'm expected to be.

Well, time to start on AP review. I swear, after AP tests, I'm gonna do the bare minimum to keep my GPA and party! Hooray for senioritis!

Night yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment